Download Ras yr Iaith 2018 Grant Form here! The closing date for applications is 08/02/2019
RAS YR IAITH GRANT CONDITIONS 2018/19
- Please read the information below and complete the grant application form.
- Remember to include a copy of the last bank statement and constitution of your organisation.
- If you have any questions please contact us – details below.
- If your application is successful then we will send you another short form to complete after the grant has been spent proving you spent the money following grant conditions.
Ras yr Iaith has up to £ 7,000 to give out in the form of grants. Closing Date 12pm Friday 8th February 2019
There are some conditions:
- The maximum individual grant for any association is £ 750.
- The minimum amount of any grant will be £ 150.
- Grant funding must be for the promotion of the Welsh language.
- The society or event benefiting from the grant must be within a catchment area close to the areas where the Race was held in July 2018, namely:
In the North: Wrexham, Menai Bridge, Bangor, Llanrwst, Machynlleth, Aberystwyth.
South West: Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Ammanford, Llanelli
South West / South East: Ystradgynlais, Clydach, Pontardawe, Porthcawl, Caerphilly
- The money must be spent before the 31st of December 2019
- Grant money is not to be paid for goods or materials that have been paid for before the grant is received.
- Applications for grants from existing societies or events are welcome but special consideration will be given to a new event or society that promotes the Welsh language in a particular way or those which are less used eg: a. A new mass event
- In the interest of promoting the Welsh language among young people
- In the interests of promoting the Welsh language among a section of society which is not normally supported by the Welsh language or may not have been part of the mainstream of Welsh culture
- You will need to demonstrate how the grant will have an ongoing effect, that is, not a ‘one off’ event. No grant will be given as a prize in a competition.
- Successful applicants will prove that volunteers are involved, evidence of this will be required.
- By accepting the grant you will consent to Rhedadeg Cyf, The Mentrau Iaith and Ras yr Iaith using the information and any images to promote Ras yr Iaith in any way, any media (print, web, Facebook etc) and anywhere.
- In accepting the funding you will agree to Radeadeg Cyf, Mentrau Iaith Cymru and Ras yr Iaith to inform the press and media of your grant.
- On receiving the grant we will expect you to give recognition to Ras yr Iaith and Mentrau Iaith Cymru both verbally and in logo form if appropriate. We also ask you to inform people of your grant success in the form of a press story (eg local newspaper, community newspaper, newsletter) and social media (eg news website, Facebook page) with a link to the Ras yr Iaith webpage, Facebook or Twitter.
We look forward to receiving your application for a Ras yr Iaith grant! Remember that the closing date is 12pm Friday 8th February 2019. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Fflur Davies, Mentrau Iaith Cymru, The Square, Llanrwst, CONWY LL26 0LG
Tel: 01492 643 401